Take all of your courses together as a cohort, over 24 months.
The Master’s in Accounting Cohort program is a 36 semester-credit-hour degree program designed for students from various educational backgrounds. No prior work experience is required. Students in the program will take all the courses together as a cohort, over 24 months. That is, the program is a lock-step program with no flexibility for choosing electives.
Once accepted into the Master’s in Accounting Cohort program, students can then opt into the Master’s in Business Analytics Cohort (STEM) program. While domain knowledge will continue to be important for accounting professionals, enhanced technology skills that include and data-analytic skills will be essential. Data analytic skills are required for data-driven audits, data-driven business performance and risk monitoring and data-driven decisions. If you choose the second master’s program option, both degrees will be earned over the same 24 months. (See degree plan.)
The Class of 2020 Master’s in Accounting and Business Analytics Cohort Programs held their virtual graduation ceremony on May 15, 2020. Senior Associate Dean and Graduate Monica Powell served as Master of Ceremonies. Speakers included Jindal School Dean Hasan Pirkul, Vice Dean Varghese Jacob, Associate Dean of Executive Education John Barden, and Class President Max Tang.Watch the video on YouTube
Cohort Program Highlights
Courses taught by world-class instructorsMeet the accounting faculty
Predetermined course sequence and continuous reviews to help pass the U.S. CPA examSee the cohort curriculum
Double Degree Option: Obtain both degrees at the same time
- Option to pursue a second cohort STEM program: Master’s in Business Analytics
- Additional tutoring with coding assistance for business analytics courses
Lock-step cohort enables long-term relationships with fellow cohort students
Extracurricular activities include:
- Comprehensive reinforcements of domain knowledge and reviews for U.S. CPA examination
- Intense pre-term activities to enhance communication and leadership skills
- Visit to Big 4 and other corporations in New York or San Francisco for professional development
- Extensive assistance and guidance for obtaining internships and assistance in determining post-graduation career options
- Advice and assistance with post-graduation career options
|Percentage of cohort program CPA exam takers who passed all four exam parts.||100%||100%||93%||100%||N/A|
* Accounting graduate Liang-Han (Hank) Wuu, MS’15, received the Elijah Watt Sells Award for obtaining one of the highest point averages on the CPA exam in 2015.
|U.S. CPA Firms||8%||18%|
Master’s in Accounting Cohort Student Testimonials
The program was perfectly set up to obtain an MS in Accounting degree and prepare for the CPA exam.
The special events like the improv session really helped my English and communication skills.
The program did an excellent job getting me ready for the U.S. CPA examination.
What would you like to learn about next?
Ready to start your graduate application?Before you apply, get familiar with the application process for the master’s in accounting cohort program at UT Dallas.
How to Apply